A complaint, on the other hand, is a statement that something is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. Therefore, we can say, customer complaint is a statement that a service or product is not satisfactory.
Below are some facts on customer complaints that you might find interesting;
- It is normal for businesses to get customer complaints.
- Not every customer will be satisfied with your business.
- Only 1 in 25 unhappy customers complain directly to you.
- Most unhappy customers who do not complain silently stop patronizing a business.
Kindly note that customer complaints and bad customer experience are not the same things. It is this assumption that makes businesses dread customer complaints, thereby ignoring them. Customer experience is actually based on how a customer’s complaint, enquiry, or sales journey was handled and not the complaint in itself. Customer complaints are healthy for businesses, in fact, these are some advantages of customer complaints;
- A complaint is a chance to improve generally.
- A complaint is a chance to earn customer loyalty.
- Successfully resolved complaints increase the customer retention rate.
- Successfully resolved complaints strengthen the bond between a business and its customers.
- Testimonials can be gotten from a resolved complaint.
Never ignore complaints, take them head-on to make a customer happy, get a customer back, or make a profit.
Here are 5 steps to turn customer complaints into happiness;
- Acknowledge the complaint
- Empathize with the customer and inform them that you are working on it
- Record and categorize the customer complaint, for analysis and future use.
- Resolve the complaint according to company policy
- Follow up with the customer to make sure they are satisfied.